To apply a Multi Variant test to your player, perform the following steps:
- Go to the Portal by clicking here.
- Hover over 'PLAYERS' in the menu and select 'PLAYERS' from the drop down list. The players page is displayed.
- Optional: Search for the required player by entering it's name or ID and pressing enter/return. Relevant search results are displayed.
- Go to the required player, click on and select 'Edit'. The player wizard edit page is displayed.
- Click on 'ADVANCED' and select 'MV TESTING' from the drop down menu. The MV Testing tab is displayed.
- Add a variant player by clicking on one or more of the following options:
- DUPLICATE THIS PLAYER - Selecting this option will create a new Player in the system based on the settings of the original player specifically for the MV test. The new player will have a new Player ID, and will be added to the MV Testing table.
Note: All settings of the MV test player will be identical to the original player, allowing you to edit and manipulate it manually.
- ADD AN EXISTING PLAYER - Selecting this option will open a drop down search field that will allow you to select an existing player from which the MV test will be able to use it's definitions. After selecting a player, the player details will be added to the MV Testing table.
Important: Changing the definitions of an existing Player for the sake of MV testing will affect the existing Player's embed tags wherever they might of been implemented. Make sure the existing player will not affect your production websites.
Note: For example, if you have a total of 3 Players (Original, V1 and V2), and you want the Original to be delivered 50% of the time and the other 2 Players to be delivered 25% of the time (each), you can enter the following weights: 10 for the original, and 5 for each of the variants (10,5,5). This will cause the percent to change dynamically to 50%, 25%, 25%.
- EDIT - Click on this icon to open the variant player wizard in a new browser tab for editing.
- DELETE - Click on this icon to remove this variant from the MV Testing table.
Note: Deleting a variant player only removes it from the MV test and does not delete the actual player instance. Any new player created using the MV Test will be stored under the Players page in your Company.