The Video Library page allows you to browse, search and filter videos that are currently available in the Portal. By Default, this is the first page displayed to you when logging into the Portal, as you are surly looking for new and engaging videos to supplement your sites and articles.
The Video Library page offers the following capabilities:
- Search - Allowing you to search for videos by name, topic, categories etc.
- Filtering options - Allowing you to filter your search results and order them according to a variety of criteria.
- Bulk actions - Allowing you to apply a variety of management actions to one or multiple of videos.
- Video upload - The ability to upload videos manually specifically for our Content Owner partners.
Note: The Video Library page can also be reached by clicking on 'MEDIA'-->'VIDEOS' or just on 'MEDIA'.
Note: The videos displayed in the Video Library page depend on your Company's Content Visibility, Role permissions and User. You will only be able to view videos that are either publicly available or shared specifically with your company.
Video Library Components
The following image and explanations describe the main components available in the Video Library page:
- Search - Allows you to search for videos by entering search words, such as a video name, ID etc.
Note: You can also search for videos using our search syntax. For further details, please see How to Use The New Search Syntax.
- Video Results Indication - Displays the total number of videos displayed in the library page.
- Sort Results - Allows you to set the order of the video search results according to the following options:
- Most relevant (default) - Sorts your videos according to their appropriateness to your search query, best matching first.
- Most recent - Sorts your videos according to the date of their upload to the Portal, most recent first.
- Grid/List View - Allows you to select a view mode of the video search results according to the following options:
- Grid View (default) - Displays the videos in a grid form of video thumbnails.
- List View - Displays the videos in a list form that includes additional details.
- Upload new video - Clicking on this button will allow you to upload videos to the Portal.
Note: This option is only available to Content Owner partners.
- Actions menu - Opens a drop down list of actions that can be applied to all of the videos displayed in the search results area.
Note: Bulk actions apply only to videos that were filtered using the search query and not the filtering pane.
- Filter & Refine pane - Allows you to narrow down your video search results according to specified filtering criteria.
Note: For more details on applying filters, please see How to use Filtering Options.
- Video card options - Each video includes a set of option icons that allows to perform a variety of actions on the video such as: showing a preview, access the video edit page and more. For further details, please see Video Card Options.
- How to Use The New Search Syntax.
- How to Upload a Video Using the Portal.
- Using Filtering Options.
- How to Create an Instant Player.
- How to Edit an Existing Video.
- Video Card Options.