What is the Player Foreground?
The Foreground skin is a layer that appears in front of the video location in the player and is commonly used for overlays.
Note: For further details see, Understanding how the player is structured.
Apply or Change your Player Foreground
To change your Player Foreground, perform the following steps:
- Access the player wizard by editing an existing player or creating a new one.
- Go to the 'LOOK & FEEL' tab.
- Under the 'LOOK & FEEL' tab, scroll down to the 'FOREGROUND' area and apply the required options according to the following table:
Field Name Description SHOW VIDEO TITLE Click on this field and select which moment the player will show an animated few seconds video title overlay according to the following options:
- Starting on the 2nd video (Default) - Selecting this option will cause the player to show a video title overlay starting with the 2nd content video playback.
- Starting on the 1st video - Selecting this option will cause the player to show a video title overlay starting with the 1st content video playback.
- Never - Selecting this option will disable a video title overlay for your player.
UNMUTE UX Click on this field and select the unmute button and player controls display mode in case the browser forces a muted playback according to the following options:
- Unmute button + controls (Default) – Selecting this option will cause the player to show the unmute button together with the player controls when the player starts to autoplay.
- Unmute button - Selecting this option will cause the player to show only the unmute button when the player starts to autoplay. The player controls will stay hidden until the unmute button or the video area has been clicked or tapped.
- Disabled - Selecting this option will disable the unmute button.
Note: For more details on forced mute autoplay, please refer to About Desktop Forced Muted Autoplay in Chrome 66 & Safari 11.
- Click on 'SAVE'. Your player foreground is saved and applied to this player.