To apply or change your General Player settings, perform the following steps:
- Access the player wizard by editing an existing player or creating a new one.
- Click on 'ADVANCED' and select the 'PLAYER SETTINGS' tab.
- Under the 'PLAYER SETTINGS' tab, go to the 'GENERAL' area and apply the relevant fields according to the following table:
Field Name Description Favorite
Selecting this slider will mark your Player as a favorite of yours. Favorite players can then be filtered in the Players page for easy acccess.
Shared Selecting this slider will allow other users within your Company to copy it's settings when creating their own player using the 'Copy from' functionality.
Note: For further details, please see How to use the Copy From Player functionality.
Click on this field to define the player type that will be loaded according to the following options:
- FLASH - Defines this player to load as a Flash only player.
- HTML5 - Defines this player to load as an HTML5 only player.
- SMART - The player will use smart detection to load either a Flash or an HTML5 player depending on the requesting device.
Optimize video poster This field is not in use. Ad Only Selecting this slider will limit the player to playback ads only and not content videos.
- Click on 'SAVE'. Your player general settings are applied and saved to your player.