Open Voice is an embeddable video widget that can be added to any content page, allowing viewers to interact with the story by sharing their own thoughts and emotions. It allows viewers to record up to 30 seconds of video that is then scanned for nudity and profanity and moderated accordingly.
The image below displays how an Open Voice Widget looks like on an article page:
Important! To be able to access Open Voice in the Portal, you are required to have specific permissions. To receive the permissions for Open Voice, please submit a request through the Help Center.
How Open Voice Works?
Open Voice tool involves the following basic aspects:
- Open Voice Widget - When an Open Voice Widget is created and set in the Portal, the system generates an embed tag to be embedded on an article page.
- Interaction with viewers - With Open Voice Widget on an article page, viewers can view/post/report video comments.
- Moderation - After being posted by viewers, all video comments are scanned for nudity and coarse language by automatic services. Then, they are either automatically added to the video comments gallery or undergo further manual moderation, and afterward, are added to the video comments gallery. Published video comments can be reported by other viewers - these go to manual moderation, as well.
The following diagram and explanation describe the interaction of the Open Voice components:
- The first step is to create an Open Voice Widget in the Portal during which you will define the look and feel of the widget.
- After saving the Open Voice Widget you will be able to copy an embeddable tag that is then placed into your website.
- The embed tag then displays the Open Voice widget in the site that in tern allows viewers to record their own comments and post them.
- After each video comment is recorded and submitted it is then sent to our automatic service that scans for nudity and coarse language. If the video passes both verifications successfully, the video comment is made available for viewing automatically on the page.
- Alternately, videos that are rejected by our scanning service for any of the reasons, they are automatically prohibited from being displayed in the Open Voice widget and are also forwarded to our moderation system for manual review.
- The moderation area in the portal allows you to designate a team to manually review video comments that were flagged by our automatic service or videos that were reported as inappropriate by other viewers. Your moderators can then control if the video comment should be displayed or not on the relevant Open Voice widgets.
Supported OS & Browsers
|OS\Browser||Chrome||FireFox||Opera||Safari||Samsung Native Browser|
|OS X (Desktop)||V||V||V||V|
- How to Create an Open Voice Widget
- How to Copy Open Voice Widget Embed Tag
- Open Voice Widget Rail Types
- Open Voice Widget Rail Positions
- Open Voice Themes
- Navigating Reported Open Voices Page
- How to Approve/Reject the Open Voices
- Navigating the Open Voice Pane
- How to Post a Video Comment
- How to Re-record Your Video Comment
- How to Report a Video Comment
- How to Set Your Camera for Open Voice