Important! Internal brands should reach out to the Trust & Safety team for guidance on moderation by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is a Reported Open Voice?
Reported Open Voices page allows you to view and moderate video comments posted by the viewers. You can view the video comments and decide whether to approve them, after which they become available in the video comments gallery for other viewers to watch, or reject them so that they are completely removed from the video comments gallery.
All video comments uploaded by the viewers are automatically scanned for nudity and coarse language. If none of those is detected, a video comment is either automatically approved and added to the video comments gallery or wait to be further manually moderated. If automatic service detects nudity, the video comment is completely removed from the system. If no nudity was detected, but automatic service suspects coarse language or spam, the video comment goes to manual moderation. After a video comment is added to the video comments gallery, it can be reported by the viewers.
The video comments on the Reported Open Voices page fall under the following categories:
- Automatically approved - The video comments that have been moderated automatically. These video comments are set for auto approval with the relevant Open Voice Widget entity in the Portal.
- Manually approved/rejected - The video comments that have been moderated manually.
- Pending - The video comments waiting for manual moderation - those set for manual approval with the relevant Open Voice Widget entity in the Portal, those detected by the automatic service as containing coarse language or spam, and those that have been auto-approved and then reported by the viewers.
- Reported after moderated - The video comments waiting for manual moderation - those that have been manually approved and then reported by the viewers.
Note: A video comment that was reported three times by three different users, disappears from the video commenting gallery until moderated.
Reported Open Voices Page Components
The following image and explanations describe the main components available on the Reported Open Voices page:
- Filtering Pane - Allows you to narrow down the video comments according to specified filtering criteria according to the following options:
- COMPANIES - Allows you to narrow the video comments according to the owning company of the domain.
- Status - Displays video comments according to their moderation status according to the following options:
- Pending - Video comments waiting for moderation - all video comments to be approved manually, the video comments detected by the automatic service as containing coarse language or spam, and the video comments approved automatically by the system and then reported by the viewers.
- Auto approved - Video comments that have been scanned for nudity and coarse language and automatically approved by the system.
- Manual approved - Video comments that have been reviewed and approved by the moderator manually.
- Manual rejected - Video comments that have been reviewed and rejected by the moderator manually.
- Reported after moderated - Video comments approved manually and then reported by the viewers.
Note: A video comment that went to 'Reported after moderated' status and has been approved afterward, is marked with a special 'Moderated' stamp which is added to this video comment card.
Note: By default, the video comments are filtered by 'Pending'.
- Video Comment Title - A title as given by the viewer who created the video comment.
- User's Name - A viewer's name as per the account the viewer identified with.
- Number of Reported Comments - Displays the total number of the video comments under the selected filter(s).
- Published Material Title - A title of an article the comment refers to. Clicking on it redirects you to the original material.
- Sorting Options - Allows you to set the order of the video comments on the page according to the following options:
- Recent - Sorts the video comments according to the date and time of their creation.
- User ID - Sorts the video comments according to the IDs of the viewers who created them.
- Article - Sorts the video comments according to the article title.
Note: Use the arrow button on the right to set the sorting order as either ascending or descending.
- Date & Time - The date and time of video comment creation.
- Comment Moderation Status - Displays the current video comment moderation status.
To learn how to moderate the video comments, please refer to How to Approve/Reject the Open Voices.