The Open Voice Moderation System is an auditing tool that allows you to review video comments that were submitted from any of your active Open Voice widgets on your sites.
Note: The Moderation system allows you to either approve or reject any submitted video comment at any stage.
Moderation System Overview
The following callouts image and explanation describe the moderation system's indications and compontents:
- Filtering Pane - This area allows you to narrow down your submitted/reported video comments according to specific filtering criteria such as selected companies and or moderation system statuses. For further details, please see Moderation system statuses.
- Number of Reported Comments - This numeric indication displays the total number of submitted/reported video comments after applying your filters.
- Video Comment Title - Each submitted video comment has a title that was given by the viewer who recorded it. The names are displayed in each row.
- Submitter Name - Each viewer that want's to record a video comment is required to identify themselves by logging into an identity provider. The name of the submitter will be displayed beside each of their video comments.
- Article Title - A link to the article URL associated with submitted video comment.
- Sorting Options - Allows you to set the order of the submitted/reported video comments on according to the following options:
- Recent - Sorts the video comments according to the date and time of their creation.
- User ID - Sorts the video comments according to the IDs of the submitters who created them.
- Article - Sorts the video comments according to the article title.
Note: Use the arrow button on the right to set the sorting order as either ascending or descending.
- Date & Time - The date and time of when the video comment was created by the viewer.
- Comment Moderation Status - An indication stating the current moderation status of each specific video comment.
All your submitted video comments are filtered and displayed in the Moderation System under five main statuses. The following table describes what types video comments are displayed in each status according to three main criteria:
- The Open Voice widget 'Approval Type' setting (either Automatic or Manual).
- Was the video comment previously approved or rejected by a moderator.
- Was the video comment reported by other viewers.
This status displays 3 types of video comments that require manual review:
|Auto Approved||This status displays video comments that were published using Open Voice Widgets that have an 'Approval Type' setting of 'Automatic' and that passed our Nudity & Profanity detection services successfully.|
This status displays video comments that were submitted using Widgets that have an 'Approval Type' setting of 'Manual', and that were reviewed and approved previously by a moderator.
|Manual Rejected||This status displays video comments that were submitted using Widgets that have an 'Approval Type' setting of 'Manual', but were reviewed and rejected previously by a moderator.|
|Reported after moderated||This status displays video comments that were submitted using Widgets that have an 'Approval Type' setting of 'Manual', that were previously reviewed and approved by a moderator, but later on reported by other viewers.|
Note: A video comment that was reported three times by three different users, is hidden from the Open Voice widget until moderated. For further details please see, When is a Video Comment Displayed or Hidden in the Open Voice widget?