Scheduled report is a report that contains predefined report data and is delivered to a predefined delivery location with a predefined frequency.
To schedule a report, perform the following steps:
- Access the report create page by Editing an existing report.
- Go to the 'SCHEDULE REPORT' tab. The 'SCHEDULE REPORT' tab is displayed.
- Click on 'Schedule this report' slider.
- Go to the 'SETTINGS' area and apply the required fields according to the following table:
Field Name Description FREQUENCY
Set your report delivery frequency according to the following options:
- Hourly - Your report will be delivered every hour.
- Daily - Your report will be delivered on daily basis.
- Weekly - Your report will be delivered on weekly basis.
Note: Weekly reports are based on a week that goes from Monday to Sunday.
- Monthly - Your report will be delivered on monthly basis.
Note: Your report date range defined under the 'DATE FILTER' field is set automatically and directly matches your report frequency.
Note: By default, all reports run with a 6-hour delay. For example, a daily report will run 6 hours after the day ends.
EXPIRATION DATE Set the date when your report will stop running.
Note: Your report is set to expire in 3 months after the creation by default.
Note: The expiration date can be extended up to 6 months.
- Go to the 'DELIVERY' area and apply the required fields according to the following table:
Field Name Description DELIVERY TYPE Select the required report data delivery format according to the following options:
- Flat file (csv) - Each section of your report will be delivered with a .csv file.
- Excel - Your report will be delivered with an .xls file, all report data represented in a single tab.
- PDF - Your report will be delivered with a .pdf file.
- XML - Your report will be delivered with an .xml file.
Note: Section types are not represented in any of the scheduled report file types. The report data is represented according to the selected file format.
Delivery Location Select the required delivery location for your report by checking one or more of the relevant boxes and entering the relevant credentials according to the following options:
- EMAIL - Start typing an email and select the required Portal user from the drop-down list or just enter an email manually.
- FTP - Enter your standard FTP credentials including the path, the username, and the password.
- S3 - Enter your standard S3 credentials including the path, the access token, and the secret key.
Note: FTP and S3 credentials will only be visible to the user who created the report.
- Go to the 'FILTERS' tab and apply preselected filters to your report according to the steps described here: How to Define Preselected Filters.
- Optional: Modify Sections for your report according to the steps described here: How to Apply Sections to Your Report.
- Click on one of the following options to save your report:
- SAVE & SEND NOW - Selecting this option will save your report and send it immediately to the selected delivery location(s).
- SAVE - Selecting this option will save your report and remain in the report edit mode.
- SAVE AS NEW REPORT - Selecting this option will save the report as a separate one and redirect you to the 'MANAGE REPORTS' screen.
- SAVE & RUN - Selecting this option will save the report and redirect you to the run report screen.
Note: If you have selected Save & Run, please continue to How to Run a Report.