The Player Placeholder is a new Player tag embed code that reserves the player's area within an article/web page and displays a poster image of the upcoming video until the content/ad is ready to play.
When the content/ad is available for playback, the poster image will fade out into the playback of the video/ad.
Note: The Placeholder embed tag is relevant for both Autoplay and Click-to-Play players.
- Reserves the player's area on the web page.
- Displays a placeholder image until the video/ad is ready to playback.
- Prevents text from shifting in the page once the player embeds itself.
- Eliminates the black loading screen with loading spinner from displaying.
Note: The Placeholder is loaded directly by the webpage and replaces the traditional loading spinner.
- Not available in native mobile apps using our Player SDK.
Copy your Player Placeholder Embed Tag
To copy your Player Placeholder embed tag, perform the following steps:
- Perform the steps described in How to Copy your Player Tag Embed Code.
- Click on the 'Tag Type' field and select 'Standard w/placeholder'.
- Click on the 'Copy Tag Code' button or shortcut. Your player tag embed code is saved to your clipboard and ready for embedding.