Report scheduling allows you to automate your report generation and then send it to your destination of choice, such as email, FTP or Amazon S3 Folder.
A scheduled report must have predefined sets of filters for it to be able to run and send you the results.
When scheduling a report, you must set the following definitions:
Note: Scheduling can be applied to any new or previously created custom report.
- Frequency - Define when to send out this report according to the following options:
- Hourly - Send the report every hour.
- Daily - Send the report every day.
- Weekly - Send the report every week (from Monday to Sunday).
- Monthly - Send the report every month.
- Date filter - Define the date range for your report data representation according to the following options:
- Last 7 days - Report data for the last 7 days.
- Last 28 days - Report data for the last 28 days.
- Week to date - Report data for a period from the beginning till the current moment of the current week.
- Month to date - Report data for a period from the beginning till the current moment of the current month.
- From start date - Report data for a period starting from the custom date.
- Delivery type - What type of file you would like to receive (.csv / .xls / .pdf / .xml).
- Delivery method - How you want to receive your report:
- Email - Send to one or more defined Email addresses.
- FTP - Send to FTP folder.
- S3 - Send to Amazon cloud repository.
- Preselected filters - Define the values for your reporting filters (e.g. select your company for the Company filter).
Since a scheduled report is delivered as raw data with no pickers, it is mandatory to preselect all filter values. For more details, see How to Define Preselected Filters.Note: To learn how to set up a scheduled report, please refer to How to Schedule an Existing Report and Export It to Email, FTP or S3.