What is a Video Export Object?
Video Exports are objects that link between Playlists/Uploaded videos and Export channels. Using this object you can select what Playlist or Video upload you would like to export, and to which supported 3rd party Export Credentials you want to export them to.
Create a YouTube Video Export
To create a new Video Export for YouTube, perform the following steps:
- Go to the Portal by clicking here.
- Hover over 'MEDIA' and go to the 'ADVANCED' option in the Portal menu. An additional menu is displayed.
- Click on 'VIDEO EXPORT'. The video exports page is displayed.
- Click on 'Create New Video Export'. A new video export page is displayed.
- Scroll down and click on the 'Company' field to select the owning company for this export. This setting will control the scope of the export and only videos under this selected company will be able to be exported.
- Apply the required settings according to the following table:
Field Name Description Name Enter a name for your video export rule. Type Select the '3rd Party Platform' option. This will allow you to export to one of our supported Export Setting types (YouTube or Brightcove). Playlist Click on this field and select a playlist.
Important! You may only export videos that are owned by you under your company. The owning company selector is the last field in this page.
Note: Make sure your playlist only includes such videos.
Enabled Verify this check box is selected. This defines if the Video Export rule is active or disabled. Number of Entries Enter a numeric value (from 0 and up) to limit the number of videos that will be taken from the playlist.
For example: Let's assume you have a dynamic playlist with an infinite number of videos. Setting this field to 20 will only export the last 20 videos from that playlist every time the playlist is sampled. If the playlist is sampled every 5 minutes, after 10 minutes 40 videos will be exported (excluding duplicates).
Click on this field and select the required update re-occurrence rate according to the following options:
- One time - The video export will occur only once when saved.
- Every 5 minutes - [Default] The video export will check for updates every 5 minutes and export any new videos.
- Every 10 minutes - The video export will check for updates every 10 minutes and export any new videos.
- Hourly - The video export will check for updates once an hour (from the time of saving), and export any new videos.
- Daily - The video export will check for updates once a day and export any new videos.
- Go to the 'Export Channel' field and select the required Export Channel according to the following options:
- Existing Export Channel - If you have previously created an Export Channel object, you will be able to select it by clicking on 'Select Export Channel' and selecting the required channel from the selection screen.
To select an existing Export Channel, please see How to select an Existing Export Channel using the Video Export Page.
- New Export Channel - If you do not have any previously created Export Channel, this option will allow you to create a new one directly from this page.
To create a new Export Channel, please see How to create a new Export Channel using the Video Export page.