Vidible's player passes collected third party information into its Ad Campaigns. To fully understand how this is done, initial steps must be taken before proceeding.
- How to Create an Ad Campaign
- How to Create an Ad Set
- How to Assign an Ad Set to a Player
- Understanding Different Player Tag Types
- How to Add Third Party Macros to the Player Tag
Note: When the player makes an ad request to this campaign, the value of the parameter from the embed code will then be passed into the designated macro position within the Ad Tag URL.
Note: Multiple custom macro parameters can be included without conflicting the Name value of preexisting Vidible supported macros. For further details, see Player Tag Supported Macro Parameters.
How to Pass a Custom Macro to the Player Tag
To add macros to your player embed tag, perform the following steps:
- Log in to the Portal by clicking here.
- Click on 'MANAGE'. The management tab is displayed.
- Click on 'Players'. The players page is displayed.
- Go to the relevant player in the list and click on 'Details'. The player details page is displayed.
- In the Tag section of the details page, click on 'Edit Macros'. An edit macros window is displayed.
- Click on 'Add Macro'. A new macro name and value fields are displayed.
- Enter the name of the macro in the 'Name' field. Make sure that all the letters are in lower case and that no apostrophes have been entered.
- Enter the supported equivalent macro of Vidible's or the third party in the 'Value' field.
Note: Although Vidible grants its users to include any Name, Vidible reporting will only populate the following names in the Player Macros Report. For further details, see Supported Tag Macro Parameters.
Note: It is recommended to speak to your Media Exchange representative and request a supported macros list to supply accordingly. Example: If you are working with AppNexus, the Values inputted would be AppNexus supported macros.
- Click on 'Save' in the 'Edit Macros' window. Your macro is added to your player tag.
- Go to the Ad Campaign contained within the Player.
- Configure the custom macro syntax into the Ad Tag URL with the appropriate value position
Example VAST Tag: http:/AdServer.com?AdServersParameter=[MACROS:customParameter]
Note: "customParameter" is the Name that was placed on the Player
- Click 'Save'.
- Go back to the Player Details Page.
- Click on 'Copy Tag' and embed the player tag into your required website.