To create a Player Template, perform the following steps:
- Login to the Portal by clicking here.
- Hover over 'PLAYERS' in the Portal menu. A drop down menu is displayed.
- Select 'PLAYER TEMPLATES' from the drop down menu. The player templates page is displayed.
- Click on 'Create New Template'. The player template wizard metadata tab is displayed.
- Apply the required fields according to the following table:
Field Name Description Name Enter a name for your player template. Description Enter a description for your player template. Player type Verify that the 'O2' player template type is selected. Player widget type
Click on this field to define the player template type that will be loaded according to the following options:
- FLASH - Defines this player as a Flash only player.
- HTML5 - Defines this player as an HTML5 only player.
- SMART - The player will use smart detection to load either a Flash or a HTML5 player depending on the requesting device.
Click on the 'Flash widget' field to select a required application from the selection screen.
Note: The default is our 'Player with embedded VAST engine', which is a player that includes VAST/VPAID support.
Note: To create a VAST tag with the Player, please select the 'VPAID Shim Player' option.
Selecting this field allows you to specify content video metadata fields (parameters and values), that will be pulled into the all players using this template. For example: specifying the 'description' parameter will retrieve the descriptions of all the videos located in the assigned playlist.
Note: Only certain metadata is pulled from content videos into the players. This is due to optimization reasons regarding the player response size and time.
Note: Multiple parameters should be comma separated.
Enter any custom attributes (parameters and values) using the 'Name' and 'Value' fields. You can then use these attributes to search for the players that have inherited these values from the template.
Note: This is useful when managing a large number of players. It allows you to include arbitrary organization data such as business unit, publisher group, publisher type, etc. These fields are included in the search when searching for players, as well reports with search based filtering enabled.
This field is part of our content restriction functionality that defines on which portals your player template can be viewed according to the following options:
- Everywhere - Player templates will be available for viewing on any Portal depending on the user's permissions.
Note: This is the default setting.
- Only on my white label - Player templates will be available for viewing only on your white label (your private branded exchange).
Note: All AOL partners connect to the same AOL On Portal. In this case, we recommend you set the 'Availability scope' to 'Everywhere'.
The Accessibility field is part of our content restriction functionality that defines which other companies (White labels and/or Affiliates), in or outside your Company account, will be able to see and use your player templates, according to the following options:
- Public - All companies within our platform will be able to view your Player template (this includes Vidible and Be On partners).
- Private - Only users with access to the owning Company of the Player template will be able to view this template (all users under the selected Company).
Note: This is the default setting.
- Blacklist/Whitelist - Selecting this option will allow you to define, on a more granular level, who will be able to view your player template.
- Blacklist - Selecting this check box will allow you to pick specific Companies that wont be able to view your playlist.
Only the selected companies will be restricted while all other will be able to view your Player template.
You can use this option to blacklist a specific Affiliate Company under your White Label, or restrict entire Company Groups (such as, Vidible and Be On Partners).
- Whitelist - Selecting this check box will allow you to pick specific companies that will be granted view permissions to your Player templates. Only the selected companies will be able to view your Player template while all the others will be restricted from viewing.
You can use this option to whitelist a specific White Label or Affiliate Company or a Company Group that is outside your Company Account (for example, a Publisher partner).
- Private but Whitelist my affiliates - Selecting this check box will apply viewing privileges to all the Affiliate companies under your White Label Company. All other companies will not see your player template.
Note: We recommend that AOL partners select the 'Private but Whitelist my Affiliates' option to share playlist within their Company Account.
Company If your Company account includes more than one company, you can use this field to define the owning company of this Player template.
- Click on 'Apply'. The selected Player template settings are saved.
- Continue to apply additional player template customization options or click 'Save' and see Player Template Save Dialog.
Note: After saving a player template, please see How to assign a Player template to a player.