To add SSAI Macros to your Player, perform the following steps:
- Go to the Portal by clicking here.
- Hover over 'PLAYERS' in the Portal menu and select 'PLAYERS'. The players page is displayed.
- Optional: Search for the relevant player by entering its name and pressing enter/return. Relevant search results are displayed.
- Go to the required Player, click on the 'Menu' icon, and select 'Edit' from the drop down list. The player wizard page is displayed in edit mode.
- Click on 'ADVANCED' and select the 'EMBED TAG' tab.
- Under the 'MACROS' area, add SSAI Macros by entering 'NAME' and 'VALUE' and pressing 'Add Macro' for every SSAI Macro successively, according to the following table:
Name Value Description vls.v 2 Mandatory: Defines the version of SSAI to be used in UpLynk. The should be set to "2". vls.ad AD_SERVER Mandatory: Replace the 'AD_SERVER' placeholder with the name of the Ad Server as it is defined in the UpLynk CMS. vls.ad.cping 1 Optional (for Live videos): Used to apply the UpLynk API for live video broadcasts. By default, this Macro is not passed or set to '0'. If this is a Live Stream, set the Macro value to '1' to activate.
Note: The following 'vls.ad.pingf' Macro must be applied also when this is a Live Stream video.
Optional (for Live videos): Used to turn on specific features in UpLynk, according to the following list:
- 1 - Ad Impression API.
- 2 - Video Views API.
- 4 - Linear Ad Data.
Note: The value to pass in the ad.pingf parameter is simply the sum of the values for the features you want to enable. For example, if I wanted to enable both Ad Impressions (value of 1) and Video Views (value of 2), I'd pass ad.pingf=3. If I wish to only enable Video Views, I'd pass ad.pingf=2. For Live videos, we usually pass the value of '5'.
- Click on 'COPY TAG CODE'. Your player tag embed code is saved to your clipboard and ready for embedding.