Defining a Tooltip location can be tricky especially in a 360 video. To help you locate the correct position for your Tooltip within the video, we have introduced a query string parameter that you can pass when viewing your Player in demo view. This will parameter will activate a hidden functionality that displays a green circle marker including X and Y locations. You can then use these coordinates to define the perfect position for your Tooltip extra.
Display the Tooltip Coordinate Locator
To activate the tooltip coordinate locator, perform the following steps:
- Access the player wizard by editing an existing player or creating a new one.
- Click on 'DEMO PAGE'. The player demo page is displayed.
- Add the following text to the end of the query string in the URL address bar and press enter:
&getTooltipLocation=trueThe demo view page will reload and display the coordinate locator (a green circle at the center of the Player with both X and Y axis locations in pixels).
- Move around in the 360 video to list your required tooltip coordinates as displayed in the target green circle. The left number represents the X axis, and the right number the Y axis.
- Continue to define custom annotation tooltips. For further details, please see How to Apply a Tooltip Extra.