To create a custom application using the App Builder, perform the following steps:
- Go to the portal by clicking here.
- Hover over 'TOOLS' and select 'APP BUILDER' from the portal menu.
- Click on 'CREATE NEW'. The details tab of the create app screen is displayed.
- Go to the 'App Name' field and enter a name for your application project.
Note: This name is used to identify the application project it in the portal. Specific designs such as iOS, Android, Roku etc. include a specific name field for each application.
- Upload a custom icon for your application design using one of the following methods:
- Drag and Drop an icon to the application drag & drop area.
- Click on 'Browse' to manually select a file to upload using an Explorer/Finder window.
Note: Icons and images with a transparent background such as a.png file format are preferred.
- Enter a description for your application.
- Apply any required color settings for your application.
- Click on 'CREATE APP'. You app project in the portal is created and the edit design page is displayed.
- Select the required Application design you want to create according to the following options:
- Mobile (Android)
- Mobile (iOS)
- Apple TV
- Android TV
- Fire TV
Note: The selected design screen is displayed.
- Apply all the necessary app configurations such as layout, names, descriptions, icons etc.
Important! Mandatory fields are highlighted with an Asterisk symbol. Missing a mandatory field will prevent you from building the app project.
- Click on 'START BUILD' after entering all the mandatory fields. Your application will start the build process momentarily and the relevant app design 'Build History' page is displayed.
- Your application includes a 'Status' indication highlighted in yellow meaning that your application is being compiled. When finished it will display 'SUCCESS' highlighted in green.
- Hover over your successful build and click on the download icon. Your custom application project for the target device will download to our machine.
- Continue to define what videos will playback on your app by referring to How to set playlists on my custom app.