What is Shuffle?
The Shuffle option allows you to automatically reorder the videos in your Dynamic Placement at every player start.
Note: The Shuffle is applied to the whole range of videos that correspond to your search query. With the Shuffle active, at every player start, your Dynamic Placement may return the videos it has already returned before and those that are new to this Dynamic Placement, in a random order.
To better explain how the Shuffle option works, let's consider the following example:
Let's say you have 1000 results in the video library corresponding to your search query. Your Dynamic Placement cap is 50. With Shuffle inactive, your Dynamic Placement will return first 50 search results. With Shuffle active, your Dynamic Placement will return random 50 videos of 1000 search results.
How to Enable the Shuffle Option
To activate shuffle, perform the following steps:
- Access the Playlist edit page by either editing it or creating a new one.
- Go to the required Dynamic Placement in your Playlist and click on the 'Shuffle' icon () to activate the Shuffle option.
Note: When active, the 'Shuffle' icon is highlighted in black.
Important! To have access to the Shuffle option, you are required to have a specific permission. To receive the permission for Shuffle option, please submit a request through the Help Center.
- Click on one of the following options to save your playlist:
- 'SAVE' - Selecting this option will save your playlist and remain in the report edit mode.
- 'SAVE & CLOSE' - Selecting this option will save your playlist and open the playlist details page.
The Shuffle option in your Dynamic Placement is now active.