To create a Content Owner company, perform the following steps:
- Access your company edit page by either following the steps 1 to 8 of the company quick creation or editing an existing one.
- Under the 'OVERVIEW' area, go to the 'MANAGED BY' field search and select the Account Manager that is responsible for this partner account.
- Go to the 'VIDEOS' tab.
- Under the 'INGESTION SETTINGS' area, go to the 'DEFAULT ENCODING PROFILE' field and verify that it's set to 'Default Encoding Profile (HLS + MP4)'. This is the default encoding profile that will be applied to all of the videos uploaded or ingested into the Portal under this company.
- Click on the 'FEED DUPLICATE VIDEO PREVENTION LEVEL' field and select the required MRSS duplication prevention policy level according to the following options:
- Feed - Selecting this option will apply the duplication prevention policy to each feed under your selected Company separately. This policy will only prevent duplicate videos from being uploaded in the same feed.
- Company - Selecting this option will apply the duplication prevention policy to all of the feeds under the selected company. This policy will prevent duplicate videos from being uploaded using any feed in your company.
- White Labeler - Selecting this option will apply the duplication prevention policy to all feeds, under all of your Affiliate Companies in your White Label.
This policy will prevent duplicate videos from being uploaded using any feed, in any Affiliate company.
Note: For further details, please see MRSS Video Duplication Prevention Policy.
- Optional: Under the 'DISTRIBUTION SETTINGS' area, go to the 'DEFAULT SELLER RULE' field and search and select a default seller rule for your company.
Note: By default, this field is populated with a Default Seller Rule that is automatically generated when you create a new company.
Note: After you finish creating a company and click on 'SAVE', you can go back to this field and click on your default seller rule to edit it in the seller rule page that will open.
Under the 'DISPLAY VIDEOS FROM' area, apply the required fields according to the following table:
Field Description CONTENT VISIBILITY
Select which content will be displayed to users that are logged into this company from the drop-down menu according to the following options:
- Show All Content (Default) - This will allow your company users to view all public content available in the Portal.
- Show only my content - This will allow your company users to view all content associated with your company.
- Show only white label content - This will allow your company users to view all content associated with your White Label and of its Affiliates.
VIDEOS FILTER STRING
Enter a specific string in which you wish to limit your company visibility to. This will restrict all user accounts created under this company to only have visibility to the video filter string you set.
Note: We recommend leaving this field unrestricted when creating companies with the purpose of setting up your white label subdomain site.
- Click on one of the following options to save your company:
- SAVE - Selecting this option will save your company and remain in the company page edit mode.
- SAVE & CLOSE - Selecting this option will save your company and open your company details page.
- Optional: Create or edit new entities to be assigned to your company using the shortcuts menu.
Note: For more details on how to use the shortcuts menu please refer to Company Shortcuts Menu.