What is the Macros Area in the Player Template Wizard?
Macros are name and value pairings that are applied to your Player Tag embed code and used to enforce a supported functionality on a specific embed code level.
For example: If you would like to enforce a 'Click-to-play' experience just on one specific player when all your other players are set to autoplay from the Portal, you can easily add the [playback=click] macro to your Player embed code that will set the 'Click-to-play' playback setting.
Adding a Macro in the Player Template Wizard
To add a Macro in the player template, perform the following steps:
- Access the Player template wizard by editing an existing player template or creating a new one.
- Click on 'ADVANCED' and select the 'EMBED TAG' tab.
- Under the 'EMBED TAG' tab, scroll down to the 'MACROS' area.
- Click on 'Add macro'. The Add Macro screen is displayed.
- Enter a supported macro Name and Value by referring to the Supported Macros List.
- Click on 'SAVE'. Your macro is added to your player template.
Important! When adding a supported macro in the player template, this macro is added to any Player that this player template is assigned to. This means that anyone copying the Player Tag of the player with this player template assigned will have the defined macro included.
Important! In the player tag, the macro is added in two places:
- To the Player Tag <div> - under the "vdb_params" macro declaration.
- To the Player Tag <script> tag a - Added as a query string parameter and value to be passed to our server.