Support for VPAID JS
VAST+VPAID Flash tags return the VPAID creative with a ‘type’ attribute of “application/x-shockwave-flash”:
Make sure your video player supports VPAID JS
If you are unsure if your player supports VPAID JS, please reach out to your player technical team, or your account rep if you use an online video platform like Brightcove or Kaltura. In some cases, your player may already be VPAID JS ready; in other cases, your player may simply need to be configured to support VAST+VPAID JS tags.
If your video player does not support VPAID JS, you’ll need to upgrade to a compliant player. AOL's Vidible Player fully supports VPAID JS and is quick and painless to implement with the Vidible customer service team. You can also utilize AOL's HTML and VPAID compliant SDK to quickly convert your current Online Video Player's functionality.
Define your video ad tag response type as VPAID JS
Standard video ad serving tags can be download for either an Inventory Source or a Marketplace Connection from the Video SSP console. For the inventory source and marketplace connection workflows, the “Response Type” field under the Format tab includes the option “VPAID JS.” Use this option to generate VPAID JS tags.
Note: If using both an Inventory Sources and a Marketplace Connections (together) to deliver ads to the same domain / placements, VPAID configurations should match. While a mismatch won’t break the backfill linkage, when VPAID JS is enabled on the inventory source and not on the MPC, 3rd-party ads may be eliminated in the marketplace that use the VPAID JS creative format. Conversely, if you have VPAID Flash on the inventory source and VPAID JS on the MPC, we will potentially serve down VPAID JS ads to a player that doesn't support it.
VPAID JS will work on desktop and mobile web inventory and can load 3rd party VPAID Flash ads in Flash enabled desktop environments. Site and viewability detection are available on both desktop and mobile web.
Trafficking 3rd party-served VPAID JS creatives
In the Digital Ad workflow, the “Creative Type” field under the ‘Format and Serving’ section of the General tab includes the option “3rd Party Served VPAID JS.” Use this option for VPAID JS when the 3rd party tag requires support for VPAID JS.
VPAID Player in Reporting
- Seller are able to report on the number of instances when a VPAID JS and VPAID Flash client were used.
- Sellers find this useful to understand the usage patterns of their viewers and make decisions based on the player reporting breakdown.
- To select in reporting, navigate to:
- Analytics > Reports > [+ New Report] to open the New Report window.
- In the Filters section select Player Type > keys called: VPAID JS and VPAID Flash.
VPAID 2.0 JS Implementation Guide
Please follow the below instructions to implement Moat Video Analytics on your VPAID 2.0 players.
After implementation, please provide your Moat contact with a test page for review and sign-off.
- Step 1: Add initialization snippet to your codebase (provided in separate file).
- Step 2: Initialize the VPAID and get a reference to the ad. The reference can be retrieved by calling the getVPAIDAd function in the IFrame of the VPAID ad.
- Step 3: Initialize Moat tracking.
var MoatApiReference = initMoatTracking(
vpaid, container, ids, partnerCode
|vpaid||yes||A reference to the VPAID instance that is running on the page.
The reference can be retrieved by calling the getVPAIDAd function in the IFrame of the VPAID ad.
|container||yes||A reference to the DOM element that will contain the player.|
|partnerCode||yes||The partnerCode provided for your account.|
- Step 4: Send a test page or sample VPAID tag to Moat for review