One-time integration setup
In order for 3rd party buying systems to access the Video SSP marketplace and/or other marketplaces, a one-time integration setup is required:
- Video SSP supports the IAB OpenRTB 2.2 API protocol (a common API specification for companies interested in an open protocol for the automated trading of digital media across platforms.)
- To have an account configured for RTB access to marketplaces from a 3rd party system, contact your Video SSP account representative.
- A bid response URL from your 3rd party buying system must be provided as well as instructions on user syncing and pre-targeting bid configurations that are to be applied to the RTB connection.
- Bid URLs are configured in the Video SSP platform as RTB Ad Sources.
RTB integration guide
RTB integration guides provide technical details for developers and sales engineers, for the RTB API specifications Video SSP supports. Download the latest version OpenRTB 2.5 Protocol (version 2019-01-23).
|2018-10-25||Added support for “placement” param in Bid Request Object.|
Programmatic Guaranteed Deals
Additional Device and User Parameters for Mobile Supply
For Mobile Supply, we now send additional values in the device and user objects:
Support for Content Category ("cat") and Language ("language"):
Support for IPv6 BRXD inventory only:
Support for Advertiser Blacklist:
Video SSP supports user syncing
Requests containing buyer’s unique identifier for a user are sent directly from user’s browser to the Video SSP server, which stores them for future use in bid requests. During initial integration choose whether to sync or not sync users from the Video SSP platform to your 3rd party buying system.
If syncing users, decide whether to use a Push or Pull syncing method:
- Push method - traffic a Video SSP sync pixel alongside the campaigns in your 3rd party buying system.
- Pull method - provide Video SSP with a sync pixel from your 3rd party buying system. Your Video SSP representative must apply it to the user sync record within the system during the initial integration.